A candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long--

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Matt & Megan
When I started to revise the look of the website, I thought that maybe it was time to add the dates of Megans birth, as well as the date that she left us. I really never wanted to do that since somehow it makes this nightmare more real. I really didn't want her to have an end date. The thought is unimagineable, but as time goes on and I can't touch her or hug her, I know that somehow this is reality.

Right after I posted the dates, I received a poem from a friend, via e-mail. I rarely forward e-mails, and I usually don't get much out of them except a quick chuckle while working away at the computer. This one really stuck with me, especially the timing of it. So check out The Dash Poem (on the sidebar) and when you think about Megan's dates, don't focus on the end date, focus on the dash!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this poem, it is really beautiful and inspiring, and I know Megan spent her dash in the best ways possible. In ways that touched people's lives <3

Anonymous said...

The dash poem is beautiful Gail. Looking at all of Megan's pictures and video is a reminder that she did live that dash to the fullest. She continues to inspire everyone who was lucky enough to have been touched by her to recognize those things that are truly important in life . . .

BigMadison said...

I love this poem Gail. It made me think about how great the time I spent with Megan helped my own "dash". She is still and always will be an inspiration.

Micaela Campagna said...

The dash poem is so beautiful and touching. i love megan and i miss her everyday. i like going on the website and reading all about Megan. I think about her everyday. she truly inspires me.

<3 always, Micaela